Changes to the way we handle your personal information- Notice to Landlords
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper or electronically) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
Ted Hoskins Ltd of (Estate Agents) of Tempo House, 15 Falcon Road, London SW11 2PJ is notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z8663936 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
– From yourself based on your instruction to let / manage / sell your property
We collect the following information about you:
– Landlord’s name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address, bank account details National Insurance Number, nationality (if applicable);
– Property address; term, rent, utility and service responsibilities;
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
– to undertake and perform our duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
– to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
– to help us to manage your property
– to send your rent payments to the designated account
– to contact you in order to send you details of any changes that may affect your property
– for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any of third party, acting on my behalf, within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
– In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information will be disclosed to the relevant local authority, service/utility provider, freeholder, facilities manager or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Your information will only be stored at our offices in lockable filling cupboards (paper version). Electronic version will be stored on security protected Dropbox server.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. We use high security firewall equipment to ensure your data is safe
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity as required by law (usually your data will be erased once our contract with you gets terminated). We may be legally required to hold some types of information (especially financial).
Our full retention schedule is available in our office
You have the right at any time to:
– ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
– require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
– make a request us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
– object to receiving any marketing communications from us.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113